Flashback! Peony times.

Untitled
Thank you for the excitement for our upcoming class in Washington, we sold all of the 15 spaces in two days! Can I just travel and teach all of next year? A floral roadtrip of sorts in a truck like this. Accepting corporate sponsorships.

I haven't been home much in the past month, just a few days here and there.  Traveling hasn't always come naturally to me, us cancers have to fight the urge to stay put. But that doesn't mean I don't love it. A good trip always makes coming back to New York a tricky maneuver. I find it's always nicer to leave than to come home to the city.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
But! Michael and I swam darn near daily in New Hampshire, I gave a lecture (I give those now!) in Kansas City and we drank beers in Austin, Texas. I really love seeing how other people live and work. I was especially excited about Kansas City, I gave a presentation to the creative staff at Hallmark about my process and ideas on creativity.  It was a real honor to talk to such a big group and I left feeling more inspired and excited than ever. I'm becoming more interested in tracking my flow of creativity and using my experiences to inspire others in turn. That's more important than wedding flowers any day of the week. But, ahem. I still do wedding flowers, too.

15 comments:

  1. I'd love it if you taught a class in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds fascinating. I absolutely hate public speaking and, though I have to do it regularly in college, it terrifies me…but you definitely make it seem worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed getting into your class here in Washington. My little boy's birthday is that weekend. I do hope you'll come again and that I'll be able to get into the class. Also, just wondering how much the class costs so I can be sure to have some money put aside for that indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post, that's my kind-a-truck! Would love to be a part of that year --- sounds heady ...enjoy your time in my old home state, the evergreen one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, yes!! Let's make that floral road trip happen. And while you're at it, put Dallas, TX on your list!

    Currently stranded in Austin after car troubles. How much fun it would be if you were still in Austin... I'd love to grab a drink with you and chat creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are enjoying the travelling and the teaching. And swimming almost every day sounds like paradise! Have a wonderful trip to and time in Washington, Leslie in Portland, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy,
    I love your work and love the idea of you being able to offer presentations and classes to a wider audience-----If traveling works for you. Being a cancer, too, I understand the reluctance to being away from home. I'm heading to an antique and classic car show next weekend where I'll get to see (and drool over) trucks like that---sure would make the traveling experience more appealing! I'm in Vermont and would love to learn from you some day. I was lucky enough to be a fill in floral designer for the Trapp Family Lodge years ago while I worked as a gardener there. Now, I sometimes design wee bouquets for my handmade puppets/art dolls----er, I mean, they design bouquets ; )

    Congrats on your successful class enrollment!
    ~Kim @Bonne Nuit Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any classes coming up in New York soon? I might wish myself one of those for my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Portland Or please ;)

    Or anywhere nearby (on west coast!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Portland Or please

    Or anywhere nearby (on west coast)

    Ps: love your Instagram pics! Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Portland Or please ;)

    Or anywhere nearby (on west coast!)

    ReplyDelete