December 15th, 2013

kinfolk table at elmwood
Two summers ago, Kinfolk came out to take some photos at Elmwood for this fall's The Kinfolk Table cookbook. I made some blueberry currant jam for the book and damn- don't you miss blueberry time? The entire perimeter of Elmwood's pond is lined with hundreds of wild blueberry bushes. I know I should be basking in December's holiday glow right now, but no. The snow here has turned to slush, give me goldenrod and horsefly bites any day.
kinfolk table at elmwood2
kinfolk table at elmwood6
kinfolk table at elmwood5
kinfolk table at elmwood3

kinfolk table at elmwood4
I might ease into holiday excitement except for the fact that the Merricks already celebrated Christmas 3 weeks early. We made the dinner and did the tree and all that. No real presents because there is no stress like present stress. I see holiday decorations in the streets and candy in the stores and surprised that the holidays are still happening. Yes, the world spins without you. I did, however, treat myself to a new camera lens so I'm hoping that encourages me to capture and post more creative projects here. That will be a big present to myself, and I hope that you get some enjoyment out the bargain, too.

27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The only blog I read anymore is ESB!

      Delete
    2. SHUT UP. I guess I can't quit then :D

      Delete
  2. Yes, please do post more....it makes my day to see a new post from you. These photos are beautiful! I treated myself to the Kinfolk Cookbook and am waiting for a quiet night by the twinkling Christmas trees lights to read it.

    I love Elmwood (they are my favorite posts) .... I pray to live in a place like that one day.

    Though you've already celebrated....happy holidays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work ... so wonderful to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. merry christmas, amy.
    I think I recognize some of those flowers...
    cheers,
    kristin
    muddy feet flower farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see one of your beautiful poppies on the stove :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love these pics, so pretty! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A camera lens is the most perfect present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely. You are making me want to hibernate in Elmwood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't heated in the winter, not a great hibernating spot ;)

      Delete
  9. The one of you in the pantry - yowza!
    Happy Holidays, r

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so great to find new beautiful blogs via kinfolk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, I'm not over winter and christmas yet, but this makes me crave nicer days x

    www.charlotteswebblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOT DAMN, GIRL! you are breathtaking, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOT DAMN, GIRL! you are breathtaking, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to read something on your blogg again! I´ve been missing you! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice to read something new on your blog! I´ve been missing you, keep on writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what beautiful photo's it makes me love nature more with those beautiful hues and accenting. Even the old cast iron stove. Amazing photography.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photography, and you are beautiful too:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I might as well admit it. I totally have a crush on you. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow wild blueberries, if only such delights grew wild in Australia. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete